Tuesday 8 November 2011

Best in class MUV/SUV...

I have been wanting to change my car, its been five years since I bought it.   I like it though; It is a decent Sedan which has done 1 lakh kms for me and did not give any major troubles.   Its none other than Ford Fiesta 1.4 zxi.    My family has grown in size ever since my parents started living with us and my sons are also growing.   Suddenly, I started feeling that there is hardly any space for everyone to fit.   Hence, I decided to go for an SUV and MUV within 12 lakhs budget.   So, I started checking out different brands

Scorpio, Xylo, Safari, Innova ...........and thats it....I could hardly think off anything more than these.

Scorpio :  The trusted and proved one obviously.   The fully loaded one touches 14-15 lacs on road.  

Safari :   Very rugged, good pick up, but I heard that TATA service is not that reliable.   Cost is still higher than 13 lacs for fully loaded one.

Innova :   Again the top end is very expensive.   Very reliable,   But the 3rd row seat is not that spacious.

Xylo :   Fully loaded is just around 10lacs and change - has everything in it including ABS, Airbags, Alloy Wheels.   3rd row seat is the best when compared to the above models.    People comment on looks - but I like it.    Pickup :  Not as quick as Scorpio, but you still touch 130+ on highways and is very sturdy.  Best in class mileage.   115 bhp - better than innova.  I have seen some Xylos zipping past.  After all, it depends on the driver's capabilities too.

So, I decided to go for Xylo.





No comments:

Post a Comment